Schoology is an all-inclusive learning environment that brings everything students, parents and teachers need into one, easy-to-use digital platform that can be utilized for both in-classroom and at-home learning.
- Video How to join a Zoom From Schoology
- Video Tutorial de Acceso a Schoology
- Video Schoology Student View
- Video Logging into Schoology through My Harmony Portal
- Video Messaging a Teacher
- Video Responding to a Discussion
- Video Recording Audio/Video
- Video Submitting Audio or Video from the Schoology app
- Video Completing Google Assignments in Schoology
- Video Turning Assignments into Schoology
- Video How to complete an Assignment
- Video Turning in a Video to Schoology from Google Drive
- Video How to Check Your Grades
- Video How to Take an Online Test/Quiz
- Video Schoology Mobile App
- Link Student Guide Written Instructions
Support for Parents
1. Connect to your students in Schoology
Make sure you have your child’s unique 12-digit code Parent Access Code available to set up your account. You only need to do this one time for each child. You can request this code from one the teachers of your child or from the school admins after the first day of school.
How to create a parent account:
REGISTRASE COMO PADRES para obtener una cuenta de Schoology nueva. Use el código de acceso para quedar automáticamente asociado a su hijo. ( Video - Registrase Como Padres )
Note: Harmony employees must create a personal Schoology account with their personal email. Use the Linking Account Instructions to toggle between your personal and professional account.
2. Setup Your Notifications
Setup your notifications to customize your Schoology experience and receive updates about your child’s grades and activity in Schoology. Don’t forget to add your phone number to receive customized push notifications.
3. Get the Schoology App on your device
Schoology also has a convenient mobile app that can be downloaded and used on mobile phones, tablets, and iPads! This app can be found in the iTunes and Google Play stores.
4. Have Your Schoology Account?
Watch these short videos to create the best user experience.
- How To Contact Your Student's Teacher In Schoology (Spanish)
- Looking Up Grades - Enrollments Screen and Grade Report (Spanish)
- Looking Up Grades - Course Level (Spanish)
- Looking Up Grades - Email Digest
5. How to use Schoology?
6. Do you want to explore More?
7. Schoology Basics for Students
What Should I Expect in Schoology?
- Access to digital assignment submissions in Schoology directly through the gradebook.
- Note: Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets, etc. are not viewable to parents because Google access is restricted to students and teachers)
- The learning experience delivered through the platform.
- Your child’s activity in the course, including but not limited to:
- Submitted and missing assignments
- Posts (text and media) your child created
- Classroom communication such as announcements about assignments and classroom updates
Frequently Asked Questions
When and how can parents get the access code for sign up to Schoology?
You can request this code from one the teachers of your child or from the school admins after the first day of school.
When submitting assignments, what file types does Schoology support?
While there is no limit to the number of files you can attach to materials in Schoology, you must upload each file individually. Schoology has a size limit of 512 MB per file.
Supported file types
Images: *.jpg, *.gif, *.png, *.jpeg
Media (audio and/or video): *.flv, *.mp4, *.mp3, *.mov, *.m4v, *.m4a, *.3gp, *.3g2, *m2v, *.avi, *.mpg, *.asf, *.wma, *.wmv, *.wm, *.swf, *.rm, *.caf
Files: *.doc *.docx, *.pdf, *.ppt, *.xls
Mac OS/iOS Users: Apple Pages (*.pages) files are not currently supported. Please export Apple Pages documents as PDF to ensure your assignments are accessible to your teacher.