Area Superintendent's Message
Welcome to Harmony
Schools’ San Antonio
The district serves nearly 4,200 students and encompasses three schools in San Antonio, three schools in Laredo, and two schools in Brownsville. All three cities are vibrant and full of culture and great traditions.
We are fortunate to have a talented staff of highly committed teachers and support staff who make it a priority to provide a rigorous, college-preparatory curriculum that will challenge and prepare all students for a successful post high school education. Our curriculum provides our students with hands-on learning, and the opportunity to master challenging academic concepts and higher-order thinking and advanced problem-solving skills that will benefit them throughout their life.
It is our staff’s priority to foster a rich and valuable learning experience for each student by providing differentiated learning, and keeping you, the parent, informed of your student’s success and challenges. We are aware that student success is a shared responsibility between the school staff, the student and parents. We are in this together!
Please explore our website. We welcome the opportunity to provide your student with an excellent education.
Harmony Public Schools has served the San Antonio area since 2006. Our mission is to prepare students for higher learning in a safe, caring, and collaborative atmosphere through a quality, learner-centered educational program with a strong emphasis on science, technology, engineering, and math.
“Harmony Science Academy has given my children an enriched academic environment and structure that has encouraged their growth and maturity.” - Tim and Kathy, Harmony Parents
Facts & Features
- Serving PreK - 12th grade students
- 3 San Antonio Area Campuses
- Total District enrollment 4,540 students
- 3 San Antonio Schools: 1,890 students
- 3 Laredo Schools: 1,650 students
- 2 Brownsvill Schools: 1,000 students
- 68% of students on free and reduced lunches
- 240 currently on staff in the district
- 11 AP courses available
College Partnerships, College Readiness Leadership Programs, PLTW Certifications, TEA T-STEM Designation, Pre-AP English, Math and Science, Dual Credits, Advanced PBLs, Advanced Major Track, Science & Engineering Software, Web Based Programs, Cyber Security, STEM Festivals, STEM Expo, Science Fair, 13 Modules by PITSCO Labs, Capstone Projects, Foreign Language Instruction, Law, Public Safety, Correction & Security, Health Occupations of Students of America (HOSA) Math Counts
- Sports include Volleyball, Basketball, and Track
- Languages include Spanish, Turkish, and Chinese
- Extracurricular clubs include Solar Car, Science Olympiad, Robotics, Student Council, Student Ambassador Program, Student Programming, Yearbook (Journalism) Volleyball, Basketball, Soccer, Ping Pong, Music, Art and Theater Arts
- 2017 US News & World Reports nationally ranked Harmony Science Academy (San Antonio) as the 4th best high school in San Antonio
- TEA 2017 Accountability: 5 out of 7 Distinctions, Harmony Science Academy (San Antonio)
- TEA 2017 Accountability: 6 out of 7 Distinctions, Harmony Science Academy (Brownsville)
- Two students selected into the UT Health Science Center Voelcker Biomedical Reseach Academy
San Antonio/Laredo/Brownsville Campuses